This blog is written solely by Max Greenblum. The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, April 16, 2012

A Few Going-Away Shots

Entering my last few days as a Volunteer in my current community, San Luis, I've been spending almost all of my time visiting the families, people, and counterparts who I've worked most closely with during the last 20 months.

Many of these people have become very close friends who I will very much miss and will always remember. They've all graciously opened up their families, homes (especially their kitchens), lives, and cultures to me.

Above is the team of park rangers that patrol the nearby natural protected area where I have spent a lot of my time hiking, building latrines and camping areas, and translating for foreign visitors.

From young kids who come to my house just eat the mangoes falling from my trees, to the fathers and sons who play soccer with me on the community soccer team, to the wives and grandmothers who seems to always have food ready in their kitchens for whenever I may arrive, I'll never forget my time in San Luis.

No comments:

Post a Comment